Back to News
Posted on 8 Jan 2021
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS – PATIENT INFORMATION
We are pleased to advise that our practice is participating in the national Covid vaccination programme.
We are working with 8 other local practices in our Primary Care Network (called "Brompton Health") to get our patients vaccinated as quickly and safely as possible. The first lot of Covid vaccine was delivered the week commencing 4th January 2021.
We are following detailed National Health Service guidance.
• You will not be vaccinated at our practice – this is because of issues with storage and transportation of the Pfizer vaccine. We will be asking our patients to attend a vaccination centre at Violet Melchett Centre Flood Street in Chelsea, St Charles Integrated Care Centre Exmoor Street and Earls Court Health and Wellbeing Centre Hogarth Road
• You will be contacted directly by the practice or the vaccination centre– (with our agreement) to arrange your appointment
• Patients will be invited for vaccinations in line with National Guidelines (people over the age of 80 years first) dependent on sufficient vaccine availability to us. Please be patient as we work through the priority list.
• Please do not contact the Practice about appointment availability as it makes it more difficult for other callers to get through to us.
Other important information
• The Pfizer COVID vaccination is 2 injections, 3 months apart. Please remember that it is important to have both injections.
• The vaccination cannot prevent an infection that you have already been exposed to, your body takes several weeks to build up immunity after vaccination
• If you are unwell at the time you are invited for a vaccination your appointment may be postponed until you are better
• You still need to take all the same preventative measures
- social distancing
- wearing a face covering
- washing your hands regularly
- not mixing