Flu and COVID-19 delivery for Autumn Winter 2023/24
Vaccination is an essential part of protecting those identified as being most at risk during Autumn and Winter.
The Joint Committee for Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) advice (here) has confirmed details of an Autumn and Winter 2023 seasonal campaign and these are laid out below.
The National Booking Service will be open for the public to book appointments, (NHS.uk, the NHS App or telephone) from 2nd October 2023 in readiness for 7th October start.
The groups to be offered a COVID-19 booster vaccine are:
- Residents in a care home for older adults
- All adults aged 65 years and over
- Persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as laid out in the Immunisation Green Book, COVID-19 Chapter (Green Book)
- Frontline health and social care workers
- Persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts (as defined in the Green Book) of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers (as defined in the Green Book) and staff working in care homes for older adults.
All those who turn 65 years by 31 March 2024 are eligible for covid vaccinations.