Back to News
Flu campaign 2023-2024
Posted on 6 Sep 2023
We are expecting our flu vaccines to be delivered on 11th September 2023.
We hope to start vaccinating our patients as of 12th September 2023.
Please call us as of the afternoon on 11th September 2023 to book your appointment.
The below groups will be eligible for a flu vaccine from 1 September 2023:
- those aged 65 years and over
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups (as defined by the Green Book, chapter 19 (Influenza))
- pregnant women
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023
- primary school aged children (from Reception to Year 6) - at schools
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main Carer of an elderly or disabled person
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline workers in a social care setting without an employer led occupational health scheme including those working for a registered residential care or nursing home, registered domiciliary care providers, voluntary managed hospice providers and those that are employed by those who receive direct payments (personal budgets) or Personal Health budgets, such as Personal Assistants